Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend Recap.

I didn't exercise today. Instead I ate this:


My Birthday seems to drag out every year. This isn't done purposely. It just so happens that my Birthday is two days before a big summer holiday and everyone seems to be busy, especially when it falls on a weekend. I got this for my birthday:

This thrills me. It must come with age.

This morning I caught Lucky on top of the microwave. What's his deal? He does this once in awhile. I guess he's trying to get my attention. As soon as I catch him in the act of doing something naughty he tries to run off like he's not doing anything wrong. Silly cat.



Yesterday I spent the day hanging out with Beverly. We ate "4th of July" food. Sausage and potato salad. Then we drank a bottle of wine and watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I've seen it before and I really like the movie enough to watch it again! Before we started eating and drinking wine we went for a ride looking for this:


Steve's Soul Food used to be on Grand River. I never went there but I've heard rave reviews about it! Friends and I have set out to eat there and couldn't make up or down of how to get there. Now they've moved over on Franklin Street between Chene Park and The Ren Cen. The outside looks beautiful. This will be the next place I try when I have that disposable income I used to enjoy! :)


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love my swiffer wet jet but if someone got it for me as a birthday gift they would be dead to me! lol!

My mother bought me an iron for my birthday one year. I still haven't forgiven her.

Jackie said...

I ASKED for one! I was so excited when I finally had it in my posession! I had one at my old apartment but it broke during the move so I've been without one for four months!! Everyone that knows me knows that this is the equivelent of gold! :)

Did you ever mention to her that you needed an iron??

I'm totally lame and boring because I LOVE practical gifts.