Back to what I was saying...I just wanted to go to the beach on my birthday. Here it is two days later AND a holiday and I still have not been to the beach! I remember the last time I went to the beach. Last Sunday. I took Tina and Bev with me and we ventured over to Belle Isle. I have been to Belle Isle once in the past 18 years or so. As a kid we went there ALL THE TIME! It's such a shame that it went through a rough time for about a decade there. I had it on good authority that the beach was doable. We took the bait. It ended up being the most pleasant afternoon. Tina flew her kite, we played Frisbee, walked on the sand and relaxed in the sun. I'm definitely going back!
I forgot who this statue is but I do know that my brother and I were scared of this thing when I was a kid! We always called him "Yankee Doodle" LOL

I just LOVE this view. I'm a proud Detroiter, that's fo sho!

Close-up. I need photoshop so I can make an arrow pointing to my building. Heh. I think the bridge is the coolest thing!

Here's a picture I've posted before but just using it for those of you that don't know what Belle Isle is. It's the patch of green you see in the water on the horizon. It's "technically" in Canadian waters but is only accessible by bridge from Detroit. The land was purchased in the 1800's for $200,000. It's layout and landscape were desinged by the same man that designed Central park and many of the buildings were designed by Albert Kahn. The same man that designed the building I live in. So, click on the link if you want to learn more. One thing it doesn't state on the web page is that it was once a private estate and someone owned the island and lived on it. That's my brief synopsis of what I know about Belle Isle~ which means Beautiful Island.

I'm just going to post the rest of the pictures and let you fill in the blanks. I'm off to eat, drink and be merry! Happy Holiday, everyone!











No comments:
Post a Comment