Monday, July 13, 2009

The Week in Review.

Tina warned me to "start blogging before someone thinks you fell off the wagon into another birthday cake!" Thanks. ;)

Geeze. At least someone is paying attention.

The past week has been very busy! Today is my day of recovery. First thing this morning I had to tend to my duty as a Job Seeker. Now that I've got that taken care of I can do the fun online things that I love! I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Last week started out when I woke up with a desperate need to find employment. I haven't felt like this in a few weeks. Maybe I was sinking into a bit of a funk? It was probably a post-sugar-high from all of the damn cake I ate the week surrounding my Birthday? Probably. Well, I have sworn off cake until my next Birthday. I assure you that I can't stomach the mere thought of cake in any way, shape or form. So done with cake! After a few days of "making myself useful to those in need" (Yes, that's in code to elude the people paying my bills)I was ready for some rest and relaxation. My friends Lottie and John were here from Savannah so I was surely going to make time to see them. The original plan was for me to drive back down with them and visit Savannah but after careful evaluation of my finances I decided that wasn't a very good plan. Instead, I'll be going down there in a few weeks but I'll save that for another time. Lottie called and told me they were going to the Detroit Yacht Club to hang out on their friend's boat. I love Belle Isle and I've been to the awesome DYC before so I was totally down for that! We met up and had a good time catching up and being silly. Lottie rocked it out Old School and I was the picture of class with my Better Made chips and Bud Light.


Later we left John on the boat with the boys and headed downtown for some Girl Time. Me, Lottie and Jane went to Cliff Bells for some drinks. We wanted the bartender to take our picture but she was really busy so we posed for a few self-portraits. It took a few (or six) attempts to get a decent picture.





I'm still not sure any of them are "decent" enough to meet all of our approvals!

Moving forward. On Thursday I headed out to Ann Arbor to meet up with Tina and Leslie. The three of us have recently lost jobs at our last place of employment. I didn't mention how much that place sucked, did I? Well, now you get an idea. We've been getting together in different groups since our demise at said agency for awhile. I can honestly say that this last batch of co-workers were my favorite and we formed friendships that I'm happy have outlasted being employed together in a sort of "forced camaraderie". Since we are all currently seeking employment we decided that we should take advantage of our good fortune of being part of the FUNEMPLOYED in Michigan and spend some time in the sun. We started with a healthy feast. The best part of this was that we were all able to pool our resources of things we already had in the pantry and come up with a pretty good lunch! Of course, Tina had a veggie sausage. We used our Girl Scout skills and no gas grill was used in the creating of this fine cuisine! Two points for the Social Workers that know how to use some charcoal briquettes and a lighter!!


After we ate we cleaned up and headed to the pool. I didn't get any pictures of us in the pool because that would be mortifying (plus, phones and water don't mix!) The sky looked nice from my chaise lounge though!

It was fun. We tried to educate two grown men (that admitted to us that they didn't know how to swim) on floating and treading water. Baby steps, gentlemen! You have to learn to float before you can swim...I know it's really "sink before you swim" but we didn't want to tell them that! After we got a little crispy (and the kids showed up and took over our peaceful space) we headed back inside. The rest of the night was spent watching movies and playing games. We played Scrabble and I watched Tina play Guitar Hero. That "game" is very intimidating! I also got to see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. VERY cute movie! We also watched The Mothman Prophecies. Not scurry(sic) at all. Psychologically thrilling, yes. I liked it! I know Tina would have loooooved for me to watch Lord of the Rings but I have limits, people! Love you, Tina! ;) I also made my first attempt at Origami. Tina used to sit at work meetings and fold up some pretty awesome creations! She can make flowers and birds and stars out of all the notes I would pass her during these extremely boring meetings! I tried to make stars but they came out looking like spit balls. Tina did give me a Booty of stars which I used to fill a glass and add to my decor.

OK, so HERE is what you've been waiting for...in between all of this eating and lounging we walked TWO whole miles. I'm out of breath just thinking about it! I kid. We took a stroll to World Market and Whole Foods just to get out of the apartment. That's the extent of my exercise for the week. I'll admit, I suck and blow at the same time. I'll make up for it right now though. I'm going to help Diana with her gardening! Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE gardening! I was born with a green thumb. I'll get into that when I get home tonight. I will also tell you all about the FABULOUS time I had with Andrea and gang at the Kraft Lake House on Saturday and Sunday! OMG, good times! Gotta run.

No comments: