President Barack Obama made another speech in Michigan today. I didn't see him make this speech nor did I hear it in it's entirity but it was about The "American Graduation Initiative".
I want to approach this politely as not to offend anyone so I'll leave my opinion out of it. I just want to understand what this initiative is supposed to accomplish? Is it's purpose to imply that if you go to Community College and get an Associates degree that you'll have an easier time finding a job? I have a Masters degree in SOCIAL WORK. I have been unemployed 7.5 months.
I'm confused.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
The Initiative is to encourage people who normally would not pursue a college education to enroll in a program and gain skills to better themselves to they can possibly find better jobs. COmmunity colleges offer a lot of technical programs in fields where there are jobs such as CNA, dental hygienist, paralegal, and so much more. This kind of training could be life changing for people working low wage factory jobs and especially those who are on welfare. This should be in conjunction with a welfare to work kind of program....give people a deadline to earn an Associates degree and get them working and off of welfare.
Post a Comment