We took our own little tour of Detroit today. We walked over three miles from home according to my calculations on this
website. My friend Matt took pictures that you can see on
Flickr. I hope you can see them. I wish I had a fancy camera like his! We were interested to look at all of the really old abandoned homes. I couldn't believe the size of some of the weeds we saw! A toddler would get lost in them! heh. Most of these have been here since the early 1900's. So sad to see them in such disrepair especially when they probably had potential at one time. A lot of them are for sale or being restored. They are considered part of the Brush Park area. There's a lot of prime real estate there with the proximity to Comerica Park and Ford Field. I wish more people with money gave a shat about restoring Detroit. Maybe if Detroit politicians would get there heads out of their asses more people would be willing to invest. There are some really neat things to look at in this neighborhood.

Bailey the Attack Dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment