July 28, 2008
Quote of the Day
"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome."
– Samuel Johnson
My room mate is trying to quit smoking. I think that's great for her! I hope she sticks to it! I'm not going to try to quit with her. I know, I know. It seems logical that we'd do the "buddy" thing and I'd quit too. Well, I've been there and done that about ten times already. In two days she'll be back to smoking and all the stress and anxiety she caused herself will be wasted. Instead of getting out and doing all the of the things a non-smoker can do that a smoker supposedly can not she isolates herself and becomes a little bit miserable. I know it's one thing to separate yourself from the things that you once associated with smoking but closing yourself up in the house all day is not likely to result in a successful attempt. Is it? So, there, that's why I'm not going to "try" to quit as to support her efforts. Call me mean, crazy, selfish, whatever. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Don't quit quiting....lol
Post a Comment