Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hump Day.

July 30, 2008

Quote of the Day
"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more."– Louis L'Amour


This is how I feel about my fitness habits right now. The YMCA is staring me down. Must. Go. There.

Moving on. I finally took some pictures of my new Loft. I wasn't so sure about posting the pictures here for all to see. Then I remembered there were only a handful of you that actually READ this. *HELLO!* So, here you have it...

Here's the living area.You can't see how tall the windows are but they go all the way to the ceiling which is about two stories high!


Here's the dining area. The leaf is in the table! We still can't get over that because the old house was SO small we couldn't put the leaf in unless there was a special occasion because it would make the table too big to function in the dining area!


Kitchen! A whole lot of it! The new kitchen has about 6 times the counter space as the old house. I've already been baking more because it's so functional! I can't wait till the holidays!


LAUNDRY ROOM! This has to be the highlight of the fact that we live in a Loft. Everyone that lives in a Loft or an apartment insists that this is the best added bonus! I agree!


Bedroom two. Complete with cat!



Bathroom two. Well, the sink at least. I have some need for privacy so I won't post a picture of the other side where the toilet and shower are located. Really, though, do you NEED to see the toilet? Heh.


You can get a sense of the high ceilings again. Also, I painted the room with a two-tone look to give the huge room some character and note that there was NO way I was painting all the way to the ceiling! :/ Climbing up on the 7ft ladder was good enough!


Last but not least, another bonus~ the HUGE "storage closet" which is as big as some bedrooms I've seen! We refer to this as "the basement" because it actually fits EVERYTHING that we had stored in the basement at the house! This place has NO lack of storage space!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very nice! Everything looks so clean and new! Congrats on the new place!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! How exciting!

Mon

Jana & Jim said...

I'm so jealous, I always wanted to live in a loft....your loft is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Tres cool! Congrats on your new 'crib' in the Big D! Love it! ~J