Friday, July 25, 2008

Hear, hear!

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus, philosopher

Sometimes I have to bite that tongue because I just don't understand the actions of others. You would think that being a social worker would make understanding an easy task for me. It doesn't. It does help me to sit back, observe, scratch my head, and think "What the F?" because half the things I say fall on deaf ears.

Moving forward...it's the WEEKEND! I live for them lately! I've got a few small things lined up. Nothing extraordinary but it'll be fun and entertaining all the same. I finally finished painting my bedroom and bathroom so I have plenty of time to relax in my new surroundings. I'm pleased with my choice of colors and decor! I'll post pictures as soon as I take them. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I feel ya on the falling on deaf ears thing. Thats why I left the field. Too bad I can't quit my family as they are the ones that really need some serious help!