OH, oh, oh I almost forgot what a fun day we had yesterday! Went over to this little marina right on the Detroit River. It's located just west of Chene Park where St. Aubin ends at the Detroit River. The sign at the park entrance calls it the Tricentennial Park and Marina. SO pretty!! Me, Jane and Bev went over with our blankets and books and lounged on the grass under a tree. Since we're all apartment dwellers downtown we decided this would be our new "back yard". So relaxing. I'm excited about all of the little gems I've been discovering in Detroit! Have a told you how much I love living here? I know. I probably need my head checked!! After that we went down to the Concert of Colors festival and saw Aaron Neville perform. I feel akin to him because he's from New Orleans. I can't say that I love his voice but his band is spectacular! I really enjoyed listening to the music. Need I mention it was FREE? I should change the name of this blog to reflect finding FREE things to do during unemployment!
I just found out on Friday that one of my dearest friends, Kim, is getting married! Kim has always been like my sister. We met in 1983 when I was 9 and she was almost 11. We lived a block from each other and were always together growing up! She has been with her boyfriend, Rob for almost 10 years and though they've had their ups and downs they always pulled through. I'm so happy for her! I get to help with the planning and I'm in charge of decorations so I've got a job on my hands. It's going to be a simple backyard ceremony. I LOVE and encourage this idea because I think weddings are over-rated. I compare weddings to what has happened to Christmas...we seem to forget the meaning and obsess too much on the material aspect of such an important celebration! I'm behind her 100%. Congrats, Kimmeh!
Here's the most recent picture of Kim and I. We took this one afternoon a few weeks ago after we colored our hair and did pedicures! Then we drank wine. Heeheeee. Salon 506: Make your appointment today!
Now I leave you with some photos I took at the marina with my Blackberry.








5 comments:
$89 to renew your license plate? Wow, its only $36 here in PA!
Yes. It's based on what type of vehicle and the age of the vehicle. Back in the 90's I had an 86 Pontiac and my tags were only $30. Bigger, newer car = more expensive. Like I always say about vehicles "they get you coming and going!" AND I'm a thousand miles over on an oil change because I can't AFFORD one! Maybe I should look into selling my car??
lol, get a moped or scooter!
I hate cars, they suck all your money
I have mine in the shop for new tires and an alignment $$$
Then Jimmys needs new tires, alignment, oil change, tune up and whatever else to get ready to ship it to CA...Mikes car we wont even talk about...he needs a new one. His Honda the ac and windshield wipers dont work!
sounds like a GREAT weekend. : )
I love the marina pics. Maybe because of the lighthouse? I love lighthouses. Hooray for the library card. I never understood buying books that you just read once. I know a lot of people have germ stuff about books, but you aren't making out with them. you are reading - wash your hands when you are done!
Congrats on the walking - do you have a pedometer? Those are kind of handy for figuring out your mileage or making distance/steps goals. I say this like I actually use mine! ha!
Post a Comment