
Today is my birthday! I LOVE my birthday. I've never dreaded a birthday in my entire life. I don't know why people do!? Why would you dread the one and only day when it's all about you? My friend Keith was able to best answer that question for me a few years ago. He said something to the effect that most people dread their birthday because it represents another year passed that they haven't accomplished what they feel they should have by that age. Interesting, yes. I have to agree with him! I may not be living the perfect life but it has been rewarding enough that I want to celebrate life each year and strive to make it better than the last! I don't really have any big plan for the next year but I can come up with some things I'd LIKE to do!
1. Find a job. Not just ANY job but one that I feel fits me. I want to be one of those people that love what I do and not just go to "work" to collect a paycheck!
2. Lose 10 pounds. This sounds like a resolution, no? It's the story of my life!
3. Travel to new places. None in particular just not to the places I've been to a dozen times already! Savannah, GA is in the definite future. London, England to be more eccentric. I'm still struggling with the thought of sitting on an airplane that long...and the lack of a real paycheck!
4. Spend more time with my family. Sometimes this feels like a chore because most of them live in Canada or drive me cuckoo but I'll need someone to love me when I'm old, single and childless!
5. ~Is not have a baby. Contrary to what you thought was coming after number 4!~ Number 5 is: Read more. It sounds simple and it is. I have shelves of books bought and borrowed and I just have to get into the mood to read! Maybe I'll incorporate reading into my blog! Yes, I will.
I'm really going to enjoy the rest of my day! Later this evening I'm going to dinner with my friend, Gregg. I haven't seen him in four years! I'm so excited to see him and catch up with what he's been doing these days! What a perfect surprise for my birthday.




5 comments:
I was JUST telling Gayle recently that i want to go to Savannah...i hear it's beautiful!
Nice plan, Stan. I like it. Go you!
Glad you are having a great birthday!
If you want to go I have a friend that lives there! We can go any time! I'm hoping to go there this summer since I have the time. It's the money that's killing all of my dreams. Heh. I am having a great birthday! Thank you! Going to dinner with Gregg! ;)
The best vacation Hank and I ever took was to Savannah. Of course we spent three days prior trucking through the backwoods of Georgia looking for Otis Redding's gravesite! God, I love road trips!
I can totally hear you telling this story, Gayle! :) I think a roadtrip with you would be the experience of a lifetime!!!
Cappuccino and live bait.....deep in the red clay hills of Georgia. Hank swears he can still hear the banjo music!
Post a Comment