Monday, July 27, 2009

Could it be?

About 30 minutes ago I received a call from a colleuge that I worked closely with at my last job. He's one of the directors at agency that I would most prefer to work with. He informed me that there was a position open and I should apply and be ready for an interview in the next two weeks! What? I'm so excited I feel like I want to hurl! I'm going to cross everything that I get this job! The position I'm applying for is not my first choice but once I get in there I am definitely going to work my ass off to be considered should a postion open in that department. They work with the homeless doing exactly what I did in my last job but they have their shit together! I always envied the way they ran their operation and tried to taylor ours to be more efficient. I think that's why my supervisor despised my co-worker and I. We knew his job better than he did. Oh, I'm going to be nice. I need good karma!! :)

5 comments:

Lettie B. said...

Hooray. I hope you get it!



It was all because I told you I hoped you got something soon ;)

Jackie said...

Yes, it is. Thank you!! ;)
I knew that if I started putting the vibe out there that I REALLY wanted a job it would come to me! I'm amazed that I got a cold call out of the blue! I kept their number programmed in my phone so when he called I knew who it was before I even answered. He said there was a position open so he pulled out my resume. He said he always liked my enthusiasm and really wants me to get the position! :) I AM a good Social Worker!

Unknown said...

i even have my unmentionables crossed for you!
You really need this...pray to the monkey!!!

Andrea572 said...

Hey, look who finally remembered to check your blog! hehehe

Kick ass!!!! I will be saying big time prayers that you get this, then we can both be world travelers!

Lisa said...

Good luck! Hope you get it!