Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feels like Summer.

Yesterday it hit 86* on the thermometer in my car. I've gotta say, I LOVE it! I know by August that opinion will change but for now I will take sweltering hot over the cold we survived throughout the past winter! Last night we walked to the Lager House and back. 1.7 miles. I'll take it. I've been burning a lot of calories lately, apparently, because I'm down a total of 3.4 pounds since I've been trying. Not bad! My friend Irv is visiting from St Louis and we're always up and running. It won't stop just yet. Tonight we're going to watch the fireworks from the top of the Financial Building. I didn't know Detroit had a "financial" building and I'm not sure who "owns" the fireworks this year. I always knew them as the Hudson's Fireworks. I think Target pinned their name to it over the past few years. Corporate wants to attach their money...errr, name to everything these days. At any rate, last time I watched firworks from the rooftop was in NYC in 2006 so I'm looking forward to seeing them and hanging out with my peeps. I'm not going to forget my camera. Living downtown is living the life.

No comments: