I can't believe it's already Sunday! The days have flown by. Lots of adventures. Thursday I pretty much spent the entire day inside. Friday was running around non-stop from morning until night. Friday night we went over to the Eastside to hang out with some of the girls from the old days. Lots of fun conversation and noshing had by all. Saturday was a continuation of the madness. I picked Irv up from the airport and we all headed our separate directions. Baby shower in the afternoon. Baby showers, Bridal Showers, etc. kinda bore the crap outta me. :/ Just being honest... Last night Irv and I watched some of the Olympics. Michael Phelps won his 8th Gold in these games. History was made and we headed down to Cafe DuMongo. I LOVE this place! It's a little Speak Easy a block over from my loft. It's only open Friday nights from 8-2 and Saturday nights from 10-2. I have been in love with this place since Jane, Di, Eric and I first wandered over there last month. I've been chopping at the bit to take Irv there. We were entertained by the improv piano performers inside and a mentally ill man that came by the outdoor seating to put on a side show of his own. The proprietor of this unique establishment has no qualms about rushing out to rush the unnecessary entertainment away. This particular gentleman was not going to leave without a fight...or until the Police showed up. After awhile we decided it was time to turn in. Last time I looked at the clock it was after 2:30am. What a long day. Today I'm paying for it. Hopefully this glass of wine will knock me out long enough that I can muster up enough energy to head out to the 'burbs. I need to find some gear for my new work attire. I start the new job on Tuesday! It makes me uneasy to start a new job. Thankfully I'm working for the same agency so I pretty much know some of the people I'll be working with already. Should be an easy week as I'll be shadowing my supervisor the first few days and Friday we're off for our company picnic. Next Saturday I go back to the airport to pick Irv up on his return trip from North Carolina. Then the madness will continue until he heads back to St Louis the following Monday. *Phew*
I LOVE busy summer days!!!
The BEST thing to happen this weekend??? Jane went over to the YMCA across the street and added me to her MOT membership! I am forever grateful to her because the Y has stared me down since the day we moved in here and now I can go over there when ever I want! I think getting back into the groove and focusing on my physical fitness is just what I need with the hot days of summer transitioning into the cool, crisp days of fall. I have so much to be excited about these days! :)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment