Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Motivation!

I didn't forget this week!

June 22, 2008

Quote of the Day
"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."
– Bertrand Russell


This quote makes me think of something I saw this weekend that amazed me!! I'll quickly explain that my friend Irv lives in St. Louis and was telling me how the waters of the Mississippi have crested and are now level with the steps at the bottom of the Arch! That Mother Nature amazes me! So much beauty and so much power to destroy! The following is a photo we took on the foot of the River with a statue of Lewis and Clark in October of last year. The next photo is a picture taken this weekend of that same statue completely submerged under the waters of the Mississippi! Truly amazing!!


Here's one of us walking on that very road with the stop sign almost submerged under water!!


I also went to New York this weekend to hang with some of my friends and see our favorite band!! Unfortunately, I relied on them to do all of the photography and have yet to receive any of the photos! Come on people...I'm waaaaiting! I'll post some of those as soon as I get them on my hot little computer! :)

No comments: