Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to the grind!

Hello! Sorry I missed Motivational Monday. I was sitting in an airport or on a plane for half the morning yesterday! I had an absolutely wonderful time in St. Louis! It's always nice to be able to leave reality behind and enjoy the company of friends that aren't a part of my daily life! I wish a lot of my "long distance" friends were closer. Although technology has made us instantly available to one another it's the physical contact that I miss. How often have I wished a friend were just a car ride away? How often have I wished I could phone a friend and ask what they're doing tonight and if they want to get together without having to get on a plane or plan weeks in advance to get together? I have such dear friends all over the world and I would embrace the opportunity to be closer to them! That's why I'm always traveling!! I have so many opportunities to revisit familiar places and see my dearest friends that I'd be crazy not to! This weekend was just another opportunity to do that. Not to mention that it's dirt cheap to fly to St. Louis and back!! If only it were so inexpensive to fly to West Palm Beach, New Orleans, New York, Toronto and about a dozen other cities more often...but I digress. I had an awesome weekend. Now I'm still in "recovery" mode. Again I have to remind myself that I'm getting too old to party like a rock star on these weekend excursions! :/ Keep your heads up though, people! I may be headed to your neck of the woods soon! Still waiting to drop the next 8 pounds so I can make my reservations for that flight to West Palm and show off my new and improved bikini bottom! As drained as I was yesterday I did make it to the gym!! The thought of sitting on the beach is a real motivator!!

Since I'm on the topic of travel, here are some photos of my favorite places and the faces I miss so much!!

Toronto, ON 2007

St. Louis, MO 2007

New Orleans, LA 2006

Nashville, TN 2007

West Palm Beach, FL 2008

New York, NY 2007

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ah good times! You need to come to NYC soon!