Monday, May 31, 2010

Friends.

I originally titled this post "Happy Memorial Day" but changed it after the content shifted. I had the best day ever. I didn't do a THING. In fact, I am actually still in the pajamas I woke up in this morning. Perfect. Tomorrow I know I'll wake and and be busting at the seams to get out of this tiny apartment but for now I'm enjoying myself. The weather was ugly all day so I don't feel like I missed anything.

I did get out and enjoy the nice, sunny, hot weather on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sat by the pool with friends a few times. Went swim suit shopping with Tina. Bought TWO new suits. Shame on me but in my defense I am a Summer Baby and I LOVE everything about summer so I NEEDED two new suits. Besides, I haven't bought a suit in FOUR years. So, there! We then chilled in the back yard with Andrea and Terry. It was fun just hanging out and checking out how things have really changed in the past two years since I left Harper Hoods. In addition, my longest and dearest friend Kim put on a party to celebrate her son (my GODSON) turning 18. Wow. I'm not gonna say "I'm old" because that's what everyone says when a child reaches their teen years. I'll say "I'm lucky" to have such close and caring friends. I realize how lucky I am when a bunch of my friends get together. During the party I was thinking about how all of our lives came together and changed over the course of our friendship. Almost all of my friends are like family to me. I love them dearly. I was happy that Kim, Jane, Sara, Tina and mine and Kim's Mom were all there. Just chilling and relaxing. It's so nice. I've known few of them forever and talk all the time, known some of them a short time and talk all the time or known them a short time and haven't talked in longer that we should have. Friends and family are important. I wish I could spend more time with my far-away friends Andrea (Cheating. She only lives a few miles downriver but we don't spend enough time together), Erica, Lottie, Monika...the list goes on...Shells, Karen, Keith, Lisa...you get the point. I love you all!

No comments: