I'm reminded that I haven't finished my weekend update about the lake house vacation by the rash that's suddenly covering my body. I'm not even sure if the weekend has anything to do with the rash but I figure my skin is rebelling against all of the sun I cast upon it. I have a gorgeous tan...covered by tiny little bumps. Yuck. Last time I had this was four years ago when I came home from Florida. I changed my detergent, quit using all soaps and lotions and when that didn't work I sought medical attention. The doctor had no explanation and sent me away with a tube of something I quit using after three days because it didn't seem to work. After about three weeks the rash disappeared without incident. One day I suddenly realized "The rash is gone! When did that happen?" I'm not prone to bad reactions to anything. I'm not allergic to anything at all...that I know of. Except for the occasional time when I declare that I'm allergic to carbs or chocolate when I'm trying to break myself from having them. I'm stumped. I can only say that lots of sun is the one thing both occurrences have in common.
Speaking of sun, I've had my fill of sun this summer but I knew that eventually I would reach the point where I was motivated and driven to find a new job. Some days I wake up feeling low and wishing I would get an email, a call, a letter, anything positive pertaining to employment. Other days I wake up and think "To Hell with it!" and just pledge to enjoy the day no matter what obstacles stand in my way! Last week was a little bit of both. Being jobless means being broke the majority of the time and being broke SUCKS! That motivated me to focus on improving my job-seeking approach. I rewrote my cover letter and tweaked my resume to get it up to date with my volunteer work and such. Having accomplished these small tasks made me feel better! I've spent every morning this week applying online, researching the Social Work license exam, checking universities for options to build on my education, programs that would pay for me to go to school to learn new skills and so on. Obviously having a degree is not a fool proof way to guarantee someone will hire me.
At least three people have advised me to get the hell out of Michigan if I want to find a job. Not in such an abrupt way but that's how I feel when I think about it! For YEARS I whined, complained and plotted how I would get out of Detroit. I always had this fantasy that my life would be great if only I moved out of the state of Michigan. Now, I'm content with my life in Detroit. I'm pretty sure when and why it happened and I've come to realize that my life here is pretty damn good. Great. Right? One problem. I don't have a job. It's not for lack of trying! It's out of my control.
Instead of getting bummed as more bills roll in I let it all go this past weekend. Andrea asked me to go with her to a birthday party one of her friends was throwing at his "cottage" on the lake. I'm going to skip the boring details I easily lose myself in and say that I had THE BEST TIME I'VE HAD ALL SUMMER! I laughed from the minute I walked into that house on Saturday until I parted ways with Andrea after the drive home on Sunday. We only drove 2 hours south west and it was as if we were in another time and place. The weather was beautiful. The water was warm. The spirits were flowing. The laughs never stopped. I felt like I was 22 again. I had never met any of these people before but within 24 hours it felt like I had known them a lifetime. I'll close this out by sharing some revealing photographs. I'm so happy only a handful of you even know this blog exists. :)
Speaking of sun, I've had my fill of sun this summer but I knew that eventually I would reach the point where I was motivated and driven to find a new job. Some days I wake up feeling low and wishing I would get an email, a call, a letter, anything positive pertaining to employment. Other days I wake up and think "To Hell with it!" and just pledge to enjoy the day no matter what obstacles stand in my way! Last week was a little bit of both. Being jobless means being broke the majority of the time and being broke SUCKS! That motivated me to focus on improving my job-seeking approach. I rewrote my cover letter and tweaked my resume to get it up to date with my volunteer work and such. Having accomplished these small tasks made me feel better! I've spent every morning this week applying online, researching the Social Work license exam, checking universities for options to build on my education, programs that would pay for me to go to school to learn new skills and so on. Obviously having a degree is not a fool proof way to guarantee someone will hire me.
At least three people have advised me to get the hell out of Michigan if I want to find a job. Not in such an abrupt way but that's how I feel when I think about it! For YEARS I whined, complained and plotted how I would get out of Detroit. I always had this fantasy that my life would be great if only I moved out of the state of Michigan. Now, I'm content with my life in Detroit. I'm pretty sure when and why it happened and I've come to realize that my life here is pretty damn good. Great. Right? One problem. I don't have a job. It's not for lack of trying! It's out of my control.
Instead of getting bummed as more bills roll in I let it all go this past weekend. Andrea asked me to go with her to a birthday party one of her friends was throwing at his "cottage" on the lake. I'm going to skip the boring details I easily lose myself in and say that I had THE BEST TIME I'VE HAD ALL SUMMER! I laughed from the minute I walked into that house on Saturday until I parted ways with Andrea after the drive home on Sunday. We only drove 2 hours south west and it was as if we were in another time and place. The weather was beautiful. The water was warm. The spirits were flowing. The laughs never stopped. I felt like I was 22 again. I had never met any of these people before but within 24 hours it felt like I had known them a lifetime. I'll close this out by sharing some revealing photographs. I'm so happy only a handful of you even know this blog exists. :)
The majority of gang coming and going over the weekend.

Me, and Andrea with our roomie, Corey. He's our new "bestie". OMG!
Ghetto S'mores!
The house was awesome but I swear it was haunted!

I'm not a boater but I want to own a Pontoon. It's like a freaking floating livingroom! I love it!
Provided us with a few moments of entertainment!
Someone must've been thinking dirty thoughts.
I wouldn't go on the Jet Ski but I did get into the water because Jason begged me (threatened me) and it was his birthday!




2 comments:
You might have duck itch (swimmer's itch, something like that). Google it :) Cortisone cream will probably help... And if I'm clear, I should see Bruno? I didn't see his other movie, but Bruno looks either hilarious or leave-the-theater awful.
could be a heat rash of some sort. does it itch? i have that on my hand, second year in a row. I just caught up with your blog as I am not used to you posting every day, if not almost every day!! :) Will get better at checking....
Post a Comment