Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, Hello!

August 23, 2008

Quote of the Day
"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."– Victoria Holt


I like that quote. There's a lot of truth to it. It reminds me of the conversation me and my co-workers were having on the beach yesterday where we attended the company picnic at Metro Beach. Being the deviant, red-headed-step-children that we are, we wandered off to the beach to fly a kite, gossip and play while everyone else cleaned up. Heh. It was a great afternoon. I even got a lot of sun! I love it! I guess I miss the Lovely Ladies of the Home Based Team. It's only been a little under 2 weeks since I left the Kelly Road office for my new position as Police Liaison but I miss them terribly! It was great to see them. :)

So ends my first week working Jail Deversion with the CAPPA Program. I LOVE my new position! I got to ride around downtown with the DPD. We made some promising contacts with some of the population we serve. They have been welcoming and accepting of our offers...some more than others. Officer Justice is a HOOT! I am going to have so much fun working with this woman! I swear, she's my sister from another Mister. I'm sure we're going to get into so much trouble it would be illegal or at least against PD policy! I think 95% of the force that I've come in direct contact with have recommended I join the Academy. The sad thing is, I would get more money for going to the PA than I do in my current job with a Master's Degree!! It's SO tempting. I've been told that being a white female they'd snatch me up in a second! Also, with my degree I'd probably end up Sargent or Supervisor in no time. It's tempting! I'll give this a few months and see how it goes and just maybe...

No comments: