Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ho Hum.

Today I've been in a "blah" sort of mood. Actually, I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Well, it's a kiddie roller coaster like the kind you would find at a carnival. You know, kind of rickety and slow but you're scared anyway because some greezy carnie named Frank and his wife Nancy with three rotting teeth put it together last night and had three screws left over when they were finished? Yesterday I got some news regarding a CT scan I had done last week. Let me catch you up. On March 5th we had a "snow day" so I didn't have to go into work. I decided to be productive and go into the attic to clean. In a Bungalo style house you can access the attic from the tiny 4 foot high door so it wasn't that complicated to get started. I was nearly finished with the mess when on my way out of the door way I misjudged the space between my head and the top of the door and *SMACK* went the top of my head. I didn't pass out but it hurt so badly that my eyes watered and I had to stand up for a minute to make sure I wasn't going to lose consciousness (maybe I should've sat down but I was too busy grabbing my head and sqeeeeing from the pain!) There was no blood but it immediately swelled up! My neighbor, who also happens to be a nurse, came over and checked my head (shoulda had that done a long time ago!) and said it was okay and that I didn't break the skin but it was purple and swelling. I put some ice on it, stayed awake until 3am to make sure I didn't have time to slip into a coma in my sleep, and woke up the next morning to a really swollen and tender head! My neck hurt a bit too. I went to work and decided I was going to the ER after a co-worker innocently asked me if I was okay because I didn't "look so well". At the ER I had my head checked again and x-rays of my Cervical Spine to make sure I didn't fracture my spine. Yes, I said Cervical Spine (to which my boss chuckled when I told her and said "What does your Cervix have to do with hitting your head?") The ER Doc gave me some drugs that I could probably sell and pay my next car payment with and I was on my way home! She also told me no driving and orderd me to take the next three days off of work so I don't over exert myself. ANYWAY~ on with the point...I had a routine exam at the doctor a few weeks later and I told her what had happened so as a precaution she sent me for a Ct scan. That was last Wednesday. So, yesterday (Tuesday) my Doctor called me to tell me she had the results of my CT scan available. She said "Well, you didn't crack your skull or anything but the CT scan Tech brought the scan over to Dr. So-and-so and had him take a look and it seems the scan picked something up in the third what-ever-she-said that they want you to have checked out with a Neurologist." I tried to remain calm but I pretty much freaked! I asked her exactly WHERE this something-or-other was and if it was a tumor! She said it was not a tumor but more than likely a cyst or calcium deposit. Thanks for nothing, Doc! I was so thrown off by this I couldn't think to clarify what she was talking about. She gave me three referals and sent me on my way to think of all of the horrible things that could be wrong with my head! Now, I have an appointment with the Neurologist for next Monday! I have to wait almost an entire week wondering what the H&ll is wrong with my head!! After calling everyone I knew and thought could give me some insight I'm completely tapped out! I will just be patient and hope and pray that all the good things I have done in my life will count toward my karma collection and that it's no big deal!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing, but thinking good thoughts for you! Did he say "third ventricle"

Jackie said...

I think so! :/

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with your CT, lovey. Some dot head sees a shadow and refers it to another to look at and between the two, you get a bill for 5K.